Independent public relations/social media/search engine optimization consultancy Skogrand PR Solutions is looking for an intern. You would be working with Brant Skogrand, APR, MBC, the 2012 president of Minnesota PRSA and 2013 chair of the PRSA Midwest District. Brant has more than 20 years of experience on both the agency and corporate sides of public relations. He has run Skogrand PR Solutions for the past six years. During this internship, you will gain the knowledge and experience of what it’s like to build your own consultancy from the ground up. Intern will be hired as an independent contractor to Skogrand PR Solutions.
We are looking for a college junior or senior studying PR communications. The work schedule would be flexible and could be coordinated around your classes. The candidate needs to be dependable, responsible and detail-oriented. Most of the work can be done remotely from your location, with some meetings onsite. The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, regularly meets deadlines and is skilled at balancing multiple projects at the same time.
- Paid internship
- Flexible five to 15 hours per week as needed
- Current student status studying public relations (junior or senior status)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Computer/Internet/social media savvy
- Working knowledge of Associated Press style, communication media and formats
- Capacity to work independently while meeting deadlines
- Ability to balance several projects simultaneously
- Interest in proactive media relations outreach, social media and search engine optimization
- Reliable and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Assist in developing news releases, interview talking points, client bios, etc.
- Contribute to social media content for clients and agency
- Assist with development of media lists and other research
- Develop keyword lists and other search engine optimization tasks for clients and consultancy
- Contribute to Skogrand PR Solutions marketing and new business efforts
- Write posts for Skogrand PR Solutions blog